Top 10 Textile Engineering Colleges in India
Textile Engineering tends to focus upon development and design on each aspect of textile, machinery, products, apparel processes and fiber. There are numerous textile engineering colleges which offers different types of courses in fields such as textile materials, performance evaluation, technical textiles, weave CAD and weaving, Knit CAD and knitting, Coloration Technology, etc. Below are the Top 10 Textile Engineering Colleges In India.
Top 10 Textile Engineering Colleges In India :
- IIT Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi: Textile Technology department in IIT Delhi is said to have started functioning in the year 1961. This department is known to offer Doctoral, postgraduate and undergraduate programs in textile technology. Admission to the programs is conducted through All India entrance exam known as JEE.
- GCETTS (Government Textile Technology and Engineering College), Serampore: This College was set up in Serampore, W.B, in 1908. A three year course in diploma in textile technology was said to have been initiated in 1938 that was upgraded later to degree course with affiliation to Calcutta University. It is through JEE which is conducted by WBJEE (W.B. Board of Exam for Admission in Medical, Technical and Engineering Colleges).
- Textile Technology Institute Uttar Pradesh (UPTTI): UPTTI, located in Kanpur is regarded to be a well known textile institute that was set up in 1914. This institute was affiliated in 1966 to Kanpur University. Presently, it offers eligible candidates with different types of postgraduate and graduate programs in the domain of Textile Chemistry, Textile Technology, Textile Engineering and Man-Made Fiber Technology.
- GCETTB (Government Textile Technology and Engineering College), Berhampore: This college is under W. B. University of Technology, Berhampore. It was set up in 1927 as Government Dyeing and silk weaving institute. Getting admission to different textile programs is conducted via Joint Entrance Exam that is conducted by WB Board of Exam for admission to Medical, Technical and Engineering Degree Colleges.
- NITJ (Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Inst. of Technology), Jalandhar: This college is popularly called NIT Jalandhar. It is regarded to be a public engineering related institute which is located in Jalandhar. It was set up in 1987, while being given status of NIT (National Inst. of Technology) by the Indian government in 2002. NITJ’s textile department is known to offer variety of programs, which aims towards providing sound background in every textile domain.
- GZS PTU (Giani Zail Singh PTU Campus), Bathinda: This institute has been established by the Punjab Government in 1989. It was in 1992 that it became autonomous. Textile Engineering course had been introduced in 1995. Various courses are offered by the department including knitting technology, garment technology, textile manufacture management, non-woven technology, etc.
- MLVTEC (Manikya Lal Verma Engineering and Textile College): This institution is an autonomous one established in 1988 by the Rajasthan Government. It is joint venture between Bhilwara Industry group and Rajasthan Government. Its goal is to crate textile technocrats for fulfilling industrial demands and is affiliated to Rajasthan University approved by A.I.C.T.E.
- L.D. Engineering college: This institute was set up in Ahmedabad, by Kasturbhai Lalbhai in 1948 and is affiliated to GTU (Gujarat Technological University) from 2008. It offers different types of courses in textile domain.
- SCET (Sarvajanik Technology and Engineering College): This institute was set up in Surat in 1995. Its affiliation is with GTU and Veer Narmad S. Gujarat University, approved by AICTE.
- DKTE Society’s Engineering & Textile Institute, Ichalkaranji: It was set up in 1982. The institute’s textile department has received the prestigious ISO 9001-2008 certification.
Knowing the TOP 10 TEXTILE ENGINEERING COLLEGES IN INDIA can help students to make the right choice to join one. There are many students who are eager to join textile engineering colleges. Knowing the best one can help them to have a wonderful career.